Many people reported facing an iPhone Error Code -18 and iTunes Error Code -18, which generally occurs when the media library on the device is corrupt and cannot be modified or updated. Well, when you are trying to download a certain app or update to the latest firmware and then iTunes says that you must restore but when you try to restore it says The iPhone “iPhone” could not be restored.
An unknown error occurred (-18).” This means you will need to update to the latest version of iTunes and then restoring should resolve this issue. Well, here the blog will guide you very simple steps to Fix iPhone Error -18 and iTunes Error -18, so follow the steps that are given below to fix the problem.
Steps to Fix iPhone Error -18 or iTunes Error -18:-
Step 1:- Restored Settings
You should try to restore the device data to factory settings using iTunes by the following steps to get the issue.
- On the iPhone, you have to go into “Settings” section.
- Then go to “General” tab, and do a full delete of settings and data.
- Next, hard-reset the iPhone by just holding the power key and the home key while the Apple logo appears.
- Then plug back into iTunes.
- iTunes recognizes the iPhone and offers to set it up fresh or perform a restore.
- Pick “Restore” button and agree to the prompts and complete the process.
- Now, iTunes will download the latest firmware and restore your device.
Check the Apple Error Code 18 is resolved; otherwise go to the next step.
Step 2:- Updating Latest Version of iTunes
Updating to the latest version of iTunes should resolve this issue. This is an easy task and does not take much of your time. Follow the steps to do the task.
- First, open up iTunes.
- Then, click the “Help” tab on the main menu bar at the top of the iTunes window.
- Next, click “Check for Updates” and then you should be prompted with “A new version of iTunes is available.
- Download it now by tapping the “Download iTunes”.
- Follow the prompts to install the latest version.
Step 3:- Start Syncing
You should try to recover your iPhone by using the syncing process.
- Undock, turn off the phone.
- Press home key and redock while the home key is pressed.
- Then the iPhone will go into recovery mode with an iTunes logo & a cable pictured on-screen.
- Follow the iTunes instructions and it will help to recover properly and start syncing.
I hope the iPhone Error Code -18 is resolved.
In case this error is still persisting, then you should contact us, as our Apple customer support team is available for your help.
Call Us At Apple Customer Support Service To Prompt Help:-
You can dial iPhone Support Phone Number 1800-204-4427 anytime from any corner of the world, and get immediate help to your Apple issues. By dialing a number, you can make an instant connection with our team of experienced and certified professionals, who are dedicated to fixing any kind of Apple reacted technical error, as they will give you the best troubleshooting step to fix this error. In addition, you can get the reliable services and the perfect solution to fix other kinds of Apple technical difficulties. Hence, get in touch with experts now by dialing the number, which is a toll-free number and available 24×7 days for your help.