Two-Step Verification is an extra layer of security for your Apple ID considered to make sure that you are the only person or authentic person who can access your account, even if somebody knows your password. This is an outstanding strategy for authentication, which requires you to enter the second password or verification codes or PIN code, which shows on a separate device or your phone number by text form.
Activating a Two- Step Verification process for Apple ID on your Mac is a really easy process for you. In addition, you can enable Two-Step Verification for Apple ID on your Apple devices such as an iPhone, iPad, or iPod. Well, here the blog will guide you on How to Enable Two-Step Verification for an Apple ID on your Mac, so you just need to follow the steps that are given below to solve the problem.
Steps To Enable Two-Factor Authentication for Apple ID On Your Mac:-
Step 1:- Open Apple ID and Sign Into Account
- First off, you have to sign into the Apple ID website or navigate the link http://appleid.apple.com/ from your Mac browser.
- Then enter your Apple ID and password in the required field.
Step 2:- Go Security Section
Next, you will need to go to the “Security” section, and then click on the “Edit” button.
Step 3:- Click the ‘Get started Link’
On the Security page, you will see a “Get started” blue link underneath the “Two-Step Verification” section, so you have to click on that “Get started” blue link option.
Step 4:- Answer Security Questions
Now you will see a new page, where you will need to enter your answers of the required security questions.
Then click on “Continue” button at the bottom side of the page.
Step 5:-Press on Continue again
The next screen will provide information about the Two-Step Verification process. So you have to simply click on “Continue” button at the bottom side of the page to move to the next page.
Step 6:- Add Your Phone Number
- Next, you will need to select your country and add your phone number, which you’d like to use two-step verification process and to receive verification codes when signing into your account from your Mac.
- Then add your phone number and then hit on “Continue” button. This phone number must be able to receive SMS text messages.
Step 7:- Enter Verification Code
- Next, you will need to enter 4-digit verification code as sent by Apple to your phone number.
- If any situation, if you didn’t get a verification code, then you will need to hit the “Verify” button to verify the phone number.
- Wait for some time, until the process completed.
- After verifying your phone number, you will be able to see your Mac linked to your Apple ID.
Step 8:- Find Recover Key
On the next screen, you will be finding a Recovery Key that will allow you to access your account even if you forget your password. Please write the Recovery Key and then hit on “Continue” button.
Step 9:- Confirm Recover Key
Next, you will be prompted to confirm your Recovery Key. Enter the Recovery Key that you received codes in the above step. Then hit “Confirm” button.
Step 10:- Click ‘Enable Two-Step Verification’ Link
- Finally, on the next page on your Mac, you will need to check the box “I understand the conditions above” and then click on the link for “Enable Two-Step Verification” at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Click on “Done” button.
- Now, the Two-Step Verification process for Apple on your Mac has been done successfully.
If you have any doubt or problem to follow up the above steps, then you should contact to our Mac customer support team to take immediate guidance.
Contact Apple Customer Support Service To Prompt With Professionals:-
You can dial Apple Customer Care Number 1800-204-4427 anytime from anywhere, to make an instant connection with our team of experienced and dedicated Mac customer support experts. The number is accessible 24×7 for your help, so you can connect with professionals round the clock. They will give you the reliable services & perfect guidance to resolve this problem or other kinds of Mac associated technical difficulties. Hence, call at toll-free number now to get outstanding solutions & support for Apple Mac problems.