Many people have complaints that they encounter the Apple Mac Error Code 50. Basically, Mac Error Code 50 is a file transfer error, which appears when you trying to copy files to other locations, or occasionally on the same hard drive or to an external hard drive. Then, what the reasons are in front of happening this error! You can efficiently Fix Mac Error Code 50, just by applying the error. You just require following the below-given troubleshooting steps.
Steps To Fix Mac Error Code 50 in Mac OS X:-
Step 1:- Copy Files using Terminal
You should try to use the Terminal program. Follow the below steps to do this task.
- First, open the “Finder”.
- Then hit the “Go”, and then choose “Utilities” then “Terminal”. Or you can press “Shift + Command + U” key to open the Terminal window.
- Now simply drag and drop following command: diskutil list
- Hit the “Return” button.
- Then follow the instructions on your screen to complete the task.
In this way, you might be resolved Mac Error Code 50.
Step 2:- Verify Partition Map
The Disk Utility can be located via your Recovery Disk. You should try to verify and repair degraded SSD. You must check the Partition map as well.
- First, reboot your Mac with the Recovery Disk that you have.
- Then, open “Disk Utility, and then verify and repair the SSD.
- Now you will see the results on your screen.
- Next, check the “drive permission” and the other “settings”.
- Then check the “Partition Map”.
Now check the error code 50 is resolved, if not then go to next step.
Step 3:- Split Large Files into Several Parts
The files which you are trying to copy could be too large. Then you will need to split them into several small parts. Then you have to use a file compressor program like Free 7 Zip File Manager.
- First, download, install and run 7 Zip File Manager. Or you can download compressor software program as per your choice & needs.
- Then drag the files which you tried to copy.
- Now provide archive name, archive format, compression level, compression method and other details.
- Underneath “Split to volumes (bytes)” drop down box, you have to choose the most suitable split type.
- Hit “OK” button.
- Then the file compression process will start automatically.
- Now, wait a while until the process successfully completed.
- Then “Exit” from the window.
- Next, choose all the split files; copy them to the destination folder.
Now check the error code 50 is fixed, if not then go to next step.
Step 4:- Change Power Settings
You should try to verify the “Power Plan” and then “Power Adapter” settings. Then enable automatic sleep for your hard disk when it is idle. Make sure that these settings are located in the “Energy Saver” options.
Follow the below steps to do this task.
- First, go to the “System Preferences” option, then select “Energy Saver” option.
- Then check-up the “Put the hard disk(s) to sleep when possible” box.
- Hit the “Ok” button.
Related Blog : Fix Mac Error Code 36
In case, all the above steps will not work to fix this Mac error code 50, then you should contact with technicians to get urgent help.
Dial Mac Customer Support Number To Gain Online Help:-
You can dial Mac Support Number 1-800-582-2431 anytime from anywhere and immediately connect with our team of proficient and dedicated Mac customer support experts, and get more troubleshooting steps to fix this error. This is a toll-free number and available 24×7 for your help. The techies will give overwhelming, steadfast and perfect solutions & fix other kinds of Apple Mac associated technical error or difficulties. Hence, call us now on the phone and get prompt help.